Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Filing for City Council at Large

I am pleased to announce that I have filed my paperwork to be a candidate for Fishers City Council at Large for the 2015 election.

I hope to bring diversity to the City Council, a diversity of opinion and background and political perspective that is missing in our local government.  Fishers is likely the most diverse of all of the communities in Hamilton County, drawing people not just from Indiana like myself, but from all over our country, and indeed, from all over the world. Increasingly, they do not reflect the one-party domination of local government, but have their own views and often do not identify with any particular political party.  I hope to give a voice to those who feel disenfranchised by local government,  Many are so disillusioned that they no longer even vote in local elections, a fact which is dangerous to good representative government.

As a father, a grandfather, an attorney for 37 years, and an activist in local politics outside of the mainstream, I can be that voice for those who do not feel that local government represents them, and all too often in the past, has not listened.  The biggest example of that is when the voters overwhelmingly agreed with me that Fishers should become Indiana's newest city, which all but one person in local government opposed.

I listen to only one voice, the voice of the people of Fishers.  I ask for your support in this venture. Please go to my website, www.GregPurvis.com, for more information, to sign up for my mailing list, or to make a donation, or even to contact me with questions, or offers of support.

No comments:

Post a Comment